Electronic Engineering Technology
The Electronics Engineering Technology (ELET) program prepares graduates to join the work force as technical professionals in a variety of industries. ELET graduates play essential roles on the engineering team, typically designing and implementing hardware and software solutions to technical problems. Graduates should also possess appropriate knowledge, experience and skills to function effectively in multidisciplinary teams, adapt to changes in technical environments throughout their careers and progress in their professional responsibilities.
The Electronics Engineering Technology program at Texas Southern University seeks to prepare its graduates:
- To contribute to the economic development of Texas and the nation through the ethical practice of the engineering technology profession;
- To become successful in their chosen career path, whether it is in the practice of engineering technology, in advanced studies in engineering or science, or in other complementary disciplines;
- To assume leadership roles in industry or public service through engineering ability, communication skills, teamwork, understanding of contemporary global and socio-economic issues, and use of modern engineering tools;
- To maintain career skills through life-long learning and be on the way towards achieving professional licensure;
- To conduct all professional activities with integrity, and demonstrate a sense of social and environmental responsibility.
Our students must demonstrate that they have achieved the following outcomes upon graduation:
- an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of their disciplines,
- an ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering and technology,
- an ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes,
- an ability to apply creativity in the design of systems, components or processes appropriate to program objectives,
- an ability to function effectively on teams,
- an ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems,
- an ability to communicate effectively,
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning,
- an ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities,
- a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues, and
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.