B.S. in Civil Engineering
The civil engineering degree plan is available at this link: Civil Engineering degree plan.
CIVIL ENGINEERING PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- Successful Career: Graduates of the Civil Engineering program at Texas Southern University will be successfully employed in Civil Engineering or a closely related field.
- Professional Development: Graduates of the Civil Engineering program at Texas Southern University will exhibit the commitment for pursuit of professional development through activities such as attaining professional licensure, actively participating in professional societies, and/or pursuing advanced studies.
- Effective Communication and Team Work: Graduates of the Civil Engineering program at Texas Southern University will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
The student outcomes (SO) for the Civil Engineering program of Texas Southern University
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by apply principles of engineering, science, and mathematics. (lectures, labs, projects)
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration to public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors. (lectures, projects)
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences. (lectures, projects)
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts. (lectures, projects)
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, established goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives. (projects, labs)
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions and improve processes. (labs)
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies. (lectures, labs, projects)
- An ability to engage in life-long learning (lecture)
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement. (lectures, projects, labs)